Travel Trailer Update – The Waiting Game
This weekend in camper news, not a lot of physical progress but TONS of mental progress. James and I really want to get framing but it’s a bit premature… We’ve decided we need to get all the major appliances, make sure they work and then frame directly for them, there isn’t a ton of room for redoing stuff.
We’ve decided that this little camper is a bit harder to plan than the tiny house was, we have even less room to fit all the same stuff AND it needs to be on-grid and off-grid capable! We are researching solar options right now, this book has been fantastic in helping
It’s a great big complex thing for me, and James has never dealt with Solar either so we both decided it was about time! Anyway, I highly recommend this book, it’s one I am going add to my side bar of helpful resources!
We ordered some other stuff, I need to update my (over) budget sheet
- Jacks for the back end, these will get welded on to the frame –
- A new front Jack for the front, the trailers was broken
- Water Heater – we went with another Eccotemp model, different than the tiny house one but very flexible and affordable with workable clearances with a strainer
- Our Tub – 25″ around bucket for a shower stall and a kids bath
- A dry erase sticker for the fridge, this will be a nice place to brainstorm and cover the yucky old sticker
We have a possible lead on an A/C unit that is fairly new and listed at about 1/3 of retail price, we’re taking a look at it tomorrow, wish us luck!