I Updated My eBook!
That was my goal by the end of the year… I am off by a couple days, better late than never though! Well, that and getting my eCourses online (big ole check on that one!)
I am pretty sure there is not a single parent of little irrational people who would describe their lives as organized and tidy… I describe mine as complete chaos SO… resolutions… I don’t think those are a good idea this year, my goal is to get all of my family members to 2017 in one piece preferably and I am going to let that be enough for me :).
I do have some rough goals though, and some that I would love feedback on eventually (they will probably make some other appearances on this site soon). So, I am just going to put them out in space so there is a little sense of accountability.
- I plan to get my 5th and final eCourse online, as of now I have one about codes, construction, systems and design but I completely overlooked the entire financial side of the tiny house so I am putting together an eCourse on financials, how to save money for your build, ON your build, reclaiming, financing, insuring, things like that. I am planning to hopefully get this done this month but it may go to mid February, we shall see, a lot depends on James’s schedule, and balancing kiddos.
- Second, I will be working on the design of our shipping container house. I am giving myself until April or so to get that worked out enough to hand off to James. James is the details guy, I am the general ideas guy, makes us a good team. The base plan is to use 2 40′ long, high-boy shipping containers and arrange them to an ~640 s.f. home where each of our kiddos has their own space, we have ours and since we both work from home, our own office space. There are a few other features to be included (like temporary expansion space so we can host some family events, with our BIG families), more on that in future posts though.
- We have tentative plans to head to Chicago for a bit in March to hang with family. We have two trips to Colorado this summer, one for the SketchUp BaseCamp in June and one for The Tiny House Jamboree in August (tickets JUST went on sale for that, it’s cheap, come join us!).
- I am putting deeper considerations into my kiddos education, it’s early still but I am a planner. I never thought I would be a ‘home school’ type of person but right now we’re really exploring all of our options, home schooling, road schooling, unschooling, charter schools, international school, public school, they are all on the table (this is one I would really love to hear your first hand experience on, I will have other posts on this soon I am sure).
- The fall is when we should start talking to the city and trying to get our container house okayed, we have a few challenges facing us with that but I am hopeful we will be able to find a solution!
Lately James and I have both been noticing the tiny house feeling smaller. I attribute it to Denver and Hazel, Hazel is at a phase where she doesn’t want to share anything with Denver except the foods she doesn’t want (which he is great with) but it means that she is constantly running around telling him ‘no’ and it’s driving him (and me) mad, he just wants to please her but she’s a small irrational person (who will not be pleased)! Lately he has been hanging out with James at work and enjoying the break from her demands but I miss him at home! Hopefully this phase is over soon!
Other than that, we did pull Hazel out of daycare/’school’, we were catching way too many bugs and it was starting to effect Miles too, we figured we will at least wait until he is old enough to fight things off. Honestly though, I missed having her around, it was great to get some one on one time with Miles, we made it mostly to three months with a lot of one on one but now mom has to be shared by both (mwahahaha!!). It’s exhausting but fun also, now that the holidays are over I am excited to get back into some sort of routine!
Thanks for letting me hold myself accountable with this post! 😉 I hope you are doing very well and enjoying what is bound to be the best year yet!